Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.

Ya-Ya Online Shopping!

Forgot Password
 Register
Search
View: 7316|Reply: 3

Installing Magento on Godaddy

[Copy Link]
Posted at 2012-9-11 18:08:26 | All floors |Read mode
I have been ready to jump off a cliff with all the problems i have been having with trying to install on a godaddy shared unix box.  I had maybe 10 different types of errors.  Look for a fix, fixed that error but caused another. then I spent hour more just to upload it all over again to start fresh.  Then I found the solution, and the installation is prefect and works great. These instructions are for Unix.

This installation will take about 15 minutes.

1.  You have to be on a Godaddy’s hosting config. 2.0, on either their deluxe or premium plan.
2.  Login to your hosting account and select the Hosting control center’s “content” tab. then select “add on languages”
3.  select PHP 5.x and then click continue.  It will say it’s updating or something to that effect. once updated then continue.
4.  select the Hosting control center’s database tab and then click on mysql.
5.  Create your database and select Mysql. v5, and then click on ok.
6.  Click on the Hosting control center’s Content tab. Click on FTP client.
7.  Upload the Magento zip file to the root of you website.
8.  select Hosting control center’s content tab and then select file manager.
9.  check the magento zip file and then from the menu chick on Unarchive.
10. select destintation…leave at root default. click on ok. Be patient, it will take about 10 minutes to unzip.  It might look like it has hung up, and if it does. log out and then log back in and go back into file manager and you should see a new directory named something like “_sh” , with the magento sub directory below it.
11. In the left file directory click on the “_sh” folder (or whatever folder the magento folder is under)
12. In the right pane, check the magento checkbox.  Then click on the “move” command in the command list above.
13. In the right directory pane, select the html folder. this will be the move to destination folder. click on ok
14. Magento in now in the root and you can change the permissions as listed in the magento installation instructions page.
15. go to your w w w.whatever. com/install.php and it works flawlessly.  To find your godaddy mySQL host name, go to databases, and under the action box on the right, click on the pencil.  It will give you your host name, something like P50mysql150.secureserver.net. each database has a different one. So, be sure to pick the one from the database you intend to use for magento.

That’s it. Hours and hours, and hours of frustration solved in 15 minutes.  And, you zip file is there in case you needed it.  Basically, you’re unpacking the zip file on the server, and then moving it to the correct location.

Please note that I also have a php5.ini file I fould at this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4520/ I dont know if its needed or not.  It helped fix one problem but not others.  If your installation doesnt work as listed above, try adding the php5.ini file.

Sorry for the chopped up laugange, I’v been working on this for two days and I’m really tired.

From:http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5023/P0/

To install on GoDaddy, do this:

….make sure you’re using Linux hosting (much easier)

1. Download Magento: Download the latest full install of Magento and unzip on your hard drive. This should

give you a folder named /Magento. The files contained inside this directory are the ones you will want to

upload to your root (or subdirectory if you prefer).

2. Set up MySQL Database: Log into your web hosting control panel and in the top row of tabs hover your

mouse over Databases. From the drop down, click MySQL. Follow the instructions and set up a database. Make

sure to use the latest version (I think it’s 5 at this time – there will be a selection for it on the right – choose 5).

Make note of your Username (also will be your Database Name, they are the same) and password. While your

database sets itself up, move on to step 3.

3. Upload Magento: FTP the unzipped files from step 1 to your root or directory you want Magento located in.

Remember, if you want it installed in root, don’t upload the folder /Magento (what you see when you unzip

the download), rather – upload the files inside it (i.e. /404, /downloader, /app, etc.).  This will take a while to

upload.

(To do above steps, suggest you do it following the Magento official instrution)

4. Edit .htaccess & php.ini.sample: For GoDaddy, you will need to edit these files as follows:

.htaccess

Click the check box next to the .htaccess file and then click the Edit button up above in the menu options.
Near the top of the code, you should see this:

############################################
## GoDaddy specific options

#Options -MultiViews

Remove the # in front of the word Options. So it should now look like this:

## GoDaddy specific options

Options -MultiViews

Next, you will need to tell GoDaddy where your install is. Still within the .htaccess file, look for this line of code:

## you can put here your magento root folder
## path relative to web root

#RewriteBase /Magento

First, remove the # in front of the word RewriteBase (if there is a # there currently). Second, if you FTP’d all

your files to the root, then remove the word Magento. In the case you installed Magento to your root directory,

the code should look like this:

## you can put here your magento root folder
## path relative to web root

RewriteBase /

If you installed it in a subdirectory, say /store, then that last line would look like this: RewriteBase /store/

php.ini.sample

We need to a) rename and b) edit this file.

a) Tick the check box next to this file and then click Rename from the top row of menu options. Rename this file to php5.ini

b) Open the php5.ini file like you did the .htaccess file to edit it.
Add this line of code to the very bottom of the file (just to be safe, don’t leave any white spaces after it)

cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1

5. Pheww…almost there. Now we can install it.

Now go to the URL in your web browser to where you installed your Magento. So if you installed it in root, then

go to http://your-site.com.

If you installed it in a subdirectory like /store, then go to http://your-site.com/store

6. Now you should be in the install area. Agree to the terms and then click Next. You should be on a page

which asks you about your Database. Remember your database name and username are the same.

For Database Host, you’ll probably see the word localhost filled in there. That won’t work. To find your

database host, it kind of sucks but here’s how to find it.

Go back to your hosting control panel (open in a new window or tab if not already). Hover your mouse over the

Databases tab and click MySQL from the drop down. Click on the database you’re using for Magento and log

into your database using your username and password for it.

Once logged in, you’ll see up at the top your server info. The one you want is the big long name. It’ll be

something like:

yourDataBaseName.db.2356783.hostedresource.com

Copy that and then go back to your Magento installation. Paste that into the area where localhost was.

Fill in the rest of your info and you should be good to go.

——————————————————————————————–

Good luck and if you need any other web hosting accounts or domain names, visit us at http://wpbloghost.com

- especially if you’re looking to start a blog. That’s what we’re all about.

Signature

John
From:http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5023/P30/
 Author| Posted at 2012-9-11 18:09:42 | All floors
Magento / GoDaddy fun

By Alex. Filed in Open Source Rocks, Walkthroughs |
Tags: GoDaddy, Magento
TOP del.icio.us digg

So I’m starting to work with e-Commerce systems, and picked Magento because it has a very robust feature set (I still want to check out Zen Cart, for it also looks promising) . I’ve about got my current customer’s store up, just waiting on their host to setup the MySQL database to finish the install. Since I’ve got a bit of time to kill before that’s complete, I figured I’d do a small writeup on how much fun GoDaddy brought to me lol.

Okay, so all you really need to download is the Magento version that you want to use. Fortunately, GoDaddy finally caught up with the times and now provides PHP 5.2 with it’s hosting packages. Otherwise, you get to have fun with the “CGI last resort fix“.

So I also found out that because GoDaddy hosts both PHP 4 AND PHP 5, developers have to change the file extensions from .php to .php5 (what fun, right?).

So, hunting around the Internet brought me a quick solution for this.

In your Magento folder/setup, there should already be a .htaccess file. Open that file up and add the following line:

AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php

Now when you go to the Magento index page, you should see a ‘No Input File Specified’ error. This is another easy fix.

If you do not already have a php.ini file in your main folder, you need to create one. This will only work if you have selected the option of using Hosting Connection 2.0 . This will allow you to modify server settings for your site.

I had to name my file ‘php5.ini’ for it to recognize. I then added the following line:

cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1

GoDaddy decided to behave at this point and allowed me to see the installation wizard. Do not despair if it doesn’t work – there’s a few more things that can be done, just check out the official posting about this issue here.

So I only had one more error to pop up after this. It came in the form of a nice long text box. Apparently when I FTP’d the Magento software, one file didn’t transfer over. If this happens, just place the file where it belongs based off of the error message you may receive.

So once that’s all done, you should also have Magento hosted on a GoDaddy account.

As I explore the features of Magento, I’ll post my thoughts and ideas/tips up here.

From: http://www.bluefiredatasolutions.com/blog/2008/06/magento-godaddy-fun/
 Author| Posted at 2012-9-11 18:10:54 | All floors
I came across this—- A common error, which usually comes up if you’re hosted by GoDaddy, is the no input file specified error.

There’s a couple things you can do to fix this, but we’ll start with the one that usually works.

In your web root directory, there should be a file called php.ini. Rename this to php5.ini.

If there is no php5.ini file. Create the file and upload it to your root directory.

If that doesn’t work, add the following to the end of your newly renamed php5.ini file:

cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1

And if you’re still getting the error, add the following to the top of your .htaccess file:

Options -MultiViews

The first one usually does the trick. If you don’t see this file in there, then create a blank php5.ini file add add the line listed on the second suggestion.

If all of the above has not worked, KEEP your changes, wait exactly 24 hours. Go back to youraddress.tld/downloader and try again. You may just be cached and for some reason it takes a bit longer then I was used to. Keep your chin up!

If nothing above worked, call GoDaddy up and have them either rename this for you, or make sure you’re on PHP 5.

You can find more here — http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&q;=input+file+site:magentocommerce.com
Posted at 2013-10-14 07:40:49 | All floors
it looks good!
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register

This forum Credits Rules

Darkroom|Mobile|Archiver|Ya-Ya Online Shopping!

GMT-8, 2019-11-18 21:44 , Processed in 0.060089 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.